2016-2017 Dress Code
- All shirts and/or dresses must have a collar and sleeves.
- T-shirts issued or purchased from the school are permitted.
- Collared shirts must be worn on the outside, not covered up by another shirt.
- Translucent (see-through) or lace tops are not permitted.
- Shirts may not be tied or twisted up. Shirts or dresses shall be appropriately fastened in accordance with the design of the clothing.
- Tops may not be excessively tight.
- Midriffs should not be shown at any time.
- Strapless or low-cut clothing is not permitted.
- All shirts or dresses worn under jackets, sweatshirts or sweaters must adhere to the dress code.
- Pants with holes are not permitted.
- Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than three inches above both the front and back of the knee. Leggings are not permitted to be worn under shorts or skirts.
- Pants may not be excessively tight (no leggings, tights, yoga style pants or sweat pants).
- Pants shall be properly fastened, buttoned, zipped and worn at the natural waistline.
- Pajama pants and undergarments may not be worn as outerwear, nor should they be visible at any time.
- Shoes (appropriate footwear) shall be worn at all times. All footwear must have backs/straps. Bedroom slippers are not permitted.
- Hair must be a natural color.
- Shaved designs into the eyebrows are not permitted.
- Adornments, which are attached (pierced) to exposed body parts (other than the ears) are not permitted. Specifically, jewelry for pierced tongues, noses, eyebrows, and lips is not permitted. Gauging of the ears is also not permitted.
- Writing, tattoos, or body stickers on face, arms, hands, or legs is not permitted. Writing on clothing with pens or markers is not permitted.
- During the school days the wearing of hats, stocking caps, bandanas or jacket hoods are not permitted. Hats may be worn at P.E. only.
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that could likely cause injury are not permitted.
- Symbols that promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco or any other illegal activity are not permitted.
- Clothing with slogans or advertising of a controversial or obscene nature are not permitted.
- Due to various health issues for some students and staff, perfume, cologne, body spray, sunscreen, and other strong aromatic items must be applied at home.
Students are expected to meet dress code expectations each day of school. Students who choose not to meet the dress code will not be permitted in class until appropriate clothing is secured. The administration reserves the right to declare other items not covered in this dress code inappropriate for school. The final decision as to whether an item is appropriate for school rests with the school administration. Repeated, purposeful violations of the TMS dress code will be considered as insubordination. Insubordination will be dealt with in accordance with the guidelines in the Code of Conduct for Lee County Public Schools.