2017-2018 Dress Code
2017-18 STUDENT APPEARANCE AND DRESS CODE
Trafalgar Middle School considers school a student’s workplace. Though some clothing may be appropriate to wear when socializing with friends or going on outings, they may not be appropriate for school. Trafalgar Middle School enforces the student dress code adopted by The School District of Lee County. The purpose of our dress code policy is to encourage students to focus on the learning process without the distractions of unsuitable dress and grooming. Students shall maintain a clean, orderly appearance at all times.
- All shirts and/or dresses must have a collar and sleeves.
- T-shirts issued or purchased from the school are permitted.
- Collared shirts must be worn on the outside, not covered up by another shirt.
- Translucent (see-through) or lace tops are not permitted.
- Shirts may not be tied up or cut off. Shirts shall be appropriately fastened in accordance with the design of the clothing.
- Tops may not be excessively tight.
- Midriffs should not be shown at any time.
- Strapless or low-cut clothing is not permitted.
- All shirts or dresses worn under jackets, sweatshirts or sweaters must adhere to the dress code.
- Pants with holes are not permitted.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must be no shorter than three inches above both the front and back of the knee. Leggings are not permitted to be worn under shorts, skirts or dresses.
- Pants may not be excessively tight (no leggings, tights, or yoga style pants).
- Sweat pants are not permitted.
- Pants shall be properly fastened, buttoned, zipped and worn at the natural waistline.
- Pajama pants and undergarments may not be worn as outerwear, nor should they be visible at any time.
- Shoes (appropriate footwear) shall be worn at all times. All footwear must have backs/straps. Bedroom slippers are not permitted.
- Hair must be a natural color.
- Shaved designs into the eyebrows are not permitted.
- Adornments, which are attached (pierced) to exposed body parts (other than the ears) are not permitted. Specifically, jewelry for pierced tongues, noses, eyebrows, and lips is not permitted. Gauging of the ears is also not permitted.
- Writing, tattoos, or body stickers on face, arms, hands, or legs is not permitted. Writing on clothing with pens or markers is not permitted.
- During the school days the wearing of hats, stocking caps, bandanas or jacket hoods are not permitted. Hats may be worn at P.E. only.
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that could likely cause injury are not permitted.
- Symbols that promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco or any other illegal activity are not permitted.
- Clothing with slogans or advertising of a controversial or obscene nature are not permitted.
- Due to various health issues for some students and staff, perfume, cologne, body spray, sunscreen, and other strong aromatic items must be applied at home.